Friday, December 2, 2011

I survived the week! Yeah! *Happy dance, happy dance*

My husband has been gone since 6 AM Monday morning. He had to go to South Carolina for a class for work. He gets home tonight (weather permitting)--LATE! (Good thing I don't have to pick him up from the airport in the Citites...) The boys have missed him a LOT!!!! I have missed him, too. But I have survived the week as a single mom without killing or hurting my children in any way! I'm so proud of myself... *happy dance, happy dance*

Peanut has been in training pants for the past 2 weeks again because he relapsed into pooping in his pants. I told him he could have underwear again when he goes a week straight without pooping in his pants. He's on day 4 of 7! Yeah!

Monster has been excited about his BB gun. He got to get it with a gift certificate he won and his birthday money. He can't wait until this weekend: Daddy told him they would make a target, Daddy would help him shoot, and then Monster gets to try on his own! Wow. Time flew by... I remember being in the hospital with Monster, and now he's learning how to shoot. Seven years went by way too fast!

December is busy for me in that I need to make 6 Christmas presents, make Beadie angels, make 3 special Beadies for 3 special nieces, hopefully finish a beaded banner for Monster's teacher (if I don't finish this by Christmas, he can give it to her at the end of the year...), remake my husband's quilt, do Cub Scout stuff with the Pack, our Den, and Monster, and make Christmas cookies/desserts somewhere in there. On the calendar I don't have much written down, but the above will fill in where things aren't written...

2nd: Hubby comes home late
5th: Cub Scout Pack meeting at local long term care facility--giving residents handmade ornaments and cards
       made by the Cub Scouts
8th: Junior kindergarden Christmas program at 4 pm (me going alone); Christmas make and take at       
       Elmwood Library--Grandma A is taking boys hopefully 4-6pm
12th: Den Meeting--making Reindeer puppets that my sister Traci came up with and learning about the food
         pyramid and plate portions
13th:  High school Christmas concert--really want to go but need when it is; brother-in-law's birthday
15th: Kindergarten Christmas program at 1:30pm, oldest nephew's birthday (on my side)
16th: 2nd oldest niece's birthday (my side)
17th: Den goes to Pepin County Old Courthouse Museum for a Tiger Cub badge requirement; Show Choir
         has a concert today too...really want to go but need to know when it is
23rd or 24th: weather permitting go to East side of state for Christmas with my family for the first time in
         years; spend weekend at Traci's
23rd: Monster's last day of school until January 2, 2012
27th: Monster has a Cub Scout Polar Activities day at L.E. Phillips Scout Reservation in Rice Lake,
         registration starts at 9:15am---means getting up super early and being out the door by 7:30am---good
         thing it's cold out so I can enjoy my coffee fully on the way up there...(trying to get hubby to come with
         us, guess we'll see)
Sometime the end of the month: Hubby planning on going to Eastern WI and finishing Traci's bathroom and
        bedroom projects

That's December's outlook. I'm sure more will show up as the month progresses, but until then, it is managable. Now, on to making cookies for hubby and boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment