Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all

Thanksgiving is here and we all slept in. That hasn't happened since...wait, I can't remember it ever happening. I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, and filling Thanksgiving, whether today or whenever you are enjoying it.

Today I am thankful for 2 healthy children, a husband that works his butt off putting in LOOONNGG hours because he has a wonderful heart, and for there being a bountiful amount of canned food, frozen food, stocked cupboards, and the money to get more food as needed.

I'm thankful for pumpkin-o-bobs. Our porch was made bright because of the large one's appetite.

I'm thankful for my wonderful family. Everyone is healthy, and we're all blessed in so many ways!


I'm thankful for our community choir as they provide a break in the normal for people that do not have an easy way to get out and enjoy the school Christmas programs.


I'm thankful for my husband's large family, and my large one, too. Our parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews all provide warmth in our lives. God Bless!


I'm thankful for 2 little adventuresome boys that are willing to try anything, even the fish that Daddy cooked that Mama should have thrown out long before it got icky! (But the ice cream for supper made up for it!)


I'm thankful for a Cub Scout when asked whether he wanted to climb the easy climbing wall or the hard one, he chose the hard one--and did a really good job!


I'm thankful for being able to watch Monster and Peanut grow into the wonderful, though at times frustrating, boys they are. Thank you, God!

I'm thankful for all my friends and family. May God bless you all and provide all you need, even if it isn't what you want. May you all find peace and love abiding in your hearts today and everyday, to be able to provide for those that desparately need our love and compassion. May God keep all our troops, here at home and those many, many miles away, safe. Let our troops know they are loved and missed greatly! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment