Monday, December 5, 2011

Sometimes our shed is too far away...

Ok, we got about 3 inches of snow Saturday into Sunday. Well, when Luke finally got up, he and Peanut went out to plow snow. That was well and good. No problems there. Then Luke decided to "play" in the snow with his snowmobile; that must not have been as fun as he wanted because he proceeded to get out the four-wheeler and tear around the yard. Peanut saw what Daddy was doing, so HE got out the boys' Power Wheels four-wheeler and wanted to do the same thing. Well, needless to say, Luke was trying to spray snow at me while I was on the porch, and I asked him where Peanut was. Luke said "in the shed". As he's saying this, I see Peanut through the windows bringing something out of the shed. Low and behold, he's riding the little four wheeler and proceeds out the door about 2 feet before he totally is stopped by the plastic wheels spinning in the snow... He tried SO hard to make that four wheeler go in the snow like Daddy was doing; he was on it, spinning the tires. Then he'd get off and push or try to push the four wheeler to get it unstuck, then he was back on it spinning the wheels, then he'd get off and *huff* and go back to pushing it. I wish our house was closer to the shed so I could have gotten some pictures... My camera wouldn't zoom in well enough to understand what was going on.  A few minutes later, they both came in, after Daddy had to put away BOTH four wheelers. Peanut was mad at Daddy, but was excited to tell me what he had done. (Luke had been spinning snow, grass clumps, and dirt up with his four-wheeler while going in circles around Peanut. Luke said the boys' four-wheeler needs to be cleaned now...) Peanut came in very wet, but he had had a lot of fun.

Today, we may try going sledding. I'm not sure I want to use Luke's snow mobile trails, but I've got snowpants and boots, so playing outside with Peanut today just may be the thing I need... (first, I need to get a bit more sleep)

Oh, the other day, Peanut and I were just leaving to do some errands. He started having a fit. I asked what was wrong. He told me, "I don't want to be 4 all day anymore!" (picture a crying meltdown during this) I asked why not. "It's not my favorite number!!!" (his favorite number for some reason is 3... I was also on the phone with my MIL at this time, and she started laughing! She told me her favorite number was 45 so she was going to be that old from now on. I mentioned she would not get her Senior Discounts; she paused and said she'd have to rethink her favorite number...)  Oh, the joys of everyday life...  Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment