Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Ok, it's now the 3rd snow fall of the 2011-2012 snow season. (We don't call it winter because I personally have seen snow fall and stay as early as mid-Oct.!) Luke looked outside and decided we should go shopping, then thankfully went back to his recorded tv show.

I'm working on Cub Scout planning for our next Den meeting. There's a lot to do: help the boys learn about the importance of the Food Pyramid but also how the My Plate Portion is important too. We're making reindeer felt puppets for a Christmas craft, which also counts as an elective. I also get to hand out Instant Tiger Recognition totems to several boys that have earned their Bobcat badge. I also need to see how the other boys are doing in their journeys.

My MIL and I went for a 1.5 mile walk just before the snow started falling steadily. It felt good to get out without the boys--they're napping and Luke home.

Now I need to figure out Christmas gifts for the adults in Luke's family...and I don't feel like making anything...2 of 6 done, really not sure what to do for the other 4. I personally like the Seefeldt tradition: all college age and younger children get a gift of $20 max value and the adults do a name exchange with a $25 limit. I think it makes life easier. Oh well.


Hope to make it to church tomorrow morning. If not, I'll have to watch on tv; wouldn't be the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment