Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I think my give a darn is busted...again or is it still busted?!?

Ok, I just don't care today. It is drizzly outside so is a dreary day. I did my errands this morning. All I HAVE to do the rest of the day are: pick up Monster from CCD, make Wednesday night pizza, put dishes in dishwasher, add soap, and push the button, read to the boys and put them to bed, take a shower, and put me to bed. To bad there's a list a mile long that I should do. My give a darn is busted. (Catholic upbringing and two little boys really do change how a person things and speaks. Besides, if I swear, both boys think it is ok. But if Luke swears, they know it's naughty and don't dare repeat what Daddy said. Not fair!!!!)

Tomorrow I am going to do laundry, as it's piling up again, take treats up to Monster's school for the teachers, make Beer and Cheddar soup with homemade bread, and get my Christmas cards mailed. Pictures will have to wait until I have a nice professionally done one of the boys. (Unless I can get Luke to join us for a family picture.... *fingers crossed, saying a prayer*)

I hate dreary days. I'm a carb-addict and dreary days always meant munching on something that made me sluggish. AKA CARBS! Today's has been Snowball treats (peanut butter, corn flakes, powdered sugar all mixed then rolled into balls, dipped in powdered sugar glaze, then rolled in coconut). I need to get the treats out of the house. They're evil, and I have no will-power, I swear it!

*big deep breath in---hold it, hold it, hold it---slowly let it out*

Dear God, help each person in our family understand the true meaning of Christmas. Fill us with joy. Make us more loving. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment