Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas plans completely changed

Yesterday at 12:05 PM I got a phone call from school: Monster just threw up all over himself. Could I come get him? By the time I got to school, he had done it again. By 12:15 PM when we got home, he did it again. By 2:30 PM I figure he had thrown up at least 20 times. He rested from when he got home but didn't get any rest since his stomach was rebelling and then he started a fever. 5 PM last night his temp was 101.5 F. At 7:30 PM it was 102.5 F. He got a dose of ibuprofen and got to sleep on the couch while I slept in Luke's chair. (I'll sit in it but will never sleep in it again...) He's got a slight low-grade temp this morning and is still throwing up when he tries to drink too much.

So much for going to have Christmas with my family... I guess we'll see if we can have it with Luke's. If not, we have our own Christmas.

Peanut is a very lucky little boy. His eating glass Christmas tree lights actually ended just fine. No complications. It might have helped he's been eating apples and frosted mini wheats, which essentially go right through him, so I'm sure took all the glass with. Thank You, God, for watching over my over-zealous child.

I want to apologize to my family for not being able to make it this weekend. We were all looking forward to it. Keep praying we'll all feel better and can come next weekend.

Lord, please help Monster feel better quickly. He knows he doesn't feel good, but is really getting bored. Also, help Peanut be patient while Monster is recovering. Sometimes the attention doesn't need to be on him 100% of the time. Help me, Lord, be patient with my children and husband while everyone is stressed and trying to make sure recovery is possible. This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Merry Christmas to the Seefeldt families: Mom & Dad and all my siblings and their families.
Merry Christmas to the Albers families: J & M and Luke's siblings and their families.

May God bless us all and keep us happy, healthy, safe, and with full knowledge that each of us is extremely loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment