Monday, December 19, 2011

Our Christmas present to each other will go to the hospital instead...

I love my children. Really, I do! Yesterday, though, Luke and I found out what turns a parent's hair gray...

Peanut, Monster, and I had just gotten home from church, which both of the boys fully enjoyed the Children's Liturgy (so WANT to go to church now). I went to change my clothes and then to the bathroom. I come out to Peanut crying, running towards me, yelling, "It hurts! It hurts!" I got him calmed down enough to for him to tell me what was wrong, only to find out it was a parent's nightmare. We have miniature lights on our Christmas tree. For some unknown reason, he decided to see what they TASTE like! All we can figure out is he bit a light, spit out at least 75% of the glass from the bulb, and then swallowed the small pieces he couldn't get off his tongue. Thank You, God, that there were no pieces larger than 1/8th of an inch. But STILL!!! We called our clinic and  found out they wanted us to bring Peanut in for a check-over. So all of us (Luke included) climbed in the Burb and drove 30 minutes to our clinic/hospital. We were told the bulb portion of our lights were plastic, which they're NOT. Anyway, we get to watch him closely for the next 1/2 week or more to see if he spikes a fever, has bloody stool, or complains of abdominal pain. (He wasn't force to purge his stomach.) Please pray for him that none of those symptoms show up. I really don't want to deal with a body cavity infection or any other infections. 

All this while, Luke is getting a no-caffine headache so needs to go home when it is super sunny out. Well, we got home, I'm making lunch for everyone, only to hear Luke tell Peanut, "Get that out of your mouth!" Lord, didn't we JUST go through all of that?!? Peanut put the cord for a lighted Christmas decoration in his mouth promptly after just having had glass in his mouth... (I think I said at least 5 "Our Father"s at that point. It was that or burst into tears.)

I'm thankful that the lights on our tree our newer so don't have lead in them, but how grateful can you truly be that your 4 year-old decided to try a glass bulb?!?

I think I'm going to buy a box of haircolor next time I go shopping... That way no one will see how many gray hairs my children have given me...

Thankfully, they have given me so much more joy and happiness versus the gray hairs. Thank You, God!

To whom ever reads this, please say a prayer for my children--that they survive their explorations as children and that Luke and I don't kill them for their explorations as children. In Jesus' name, Amen.












              Faith Hope Joy Love

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Honey,

    I'm praying that he's okay and that he learns from this. I've said a couple of Hail Marys for you and might help if you did. Just think how Mary felt when she lost Jesus in the Temple for 3 days. I'm thinking he also made her go gray.

    Love you,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete