Monday, December 5, 2011

I think my give a darn is busted...

Monster and I just got home from our Cub Scout pack meeting for the month. I made Luke entertain Peanut at home. Peanut cried, "But I'll miss you, Mama." (He did notice we were gone, Luke said Peanut threw a fit the entire time we were gone.)

The Cub Scouts did a service project: they decorated homemade cards and made ornaments for the residents of our local nursing home/long-term care facility. The boys sang 4 or 5 songs for quite a few of the residents and then were able to give a card and an ornament to each resident. Monster felt really good doing so. I told him we'd go visit the nursing home I used to work at and deliver cards to all the residents there too. He misses some of the residents. (Plus it helps him earn more during his Tiger Cub year.)  I'm very grateful he is starting to learn and realize that it doesn't have to be about him all the time. He is even wanting to give his own money when we get to church for tithing. He loves donating to Salvation Army too.

I'm grateful for little boy laughter. Peanut's giggles and Monster's true laughter are a balm on the soul. (Especially when Luke is the reason for the giggles and laughter!)

I love when Peanut figures out he can do somersaults and backwards somersaults, with or without help. He gets very excited about his accomplishments.

Monster has been having a hard time lately. He doesn't seem to play with other kids at school. I asked why, but didn't get a true answer. I told him today to try to play with the other kids. He doesn't need to single out a person, sometimes just being part of the group is all he would need. I'm going to talk to Luke about it tonight. (I still think the Catholic School would be the best for at least Monster, since his early years were not spent with kids. He spent almost everyday at the farm with me, so he was only around adults. I worry that didn't do him good in terms of being a true part of his class...Please pray that Luke learns to accept that idea, and we can enroll both boys in the Catholic School.)

Tomorrow I am going to work on beadies for my aunt. After those are done and mailed, I think I'll work on making gift baskets for the 3 adult couples in Luke's family for Christmas. Good thing I have a cd of over 475 ideas, and if those aren't enough I can always look online. (Wish me luck!)

Winter is here, if unofficially. My cuticles and hands are drying out and cracking. My feet are starting to. Time to slather on the thick lotion nightly on my feet then put on socks, and slather on lotion as many times as I can during the day on my hands. Bedtime might even involve bacitracin ointment and band-aids. The only true thing I hate about cold weather. (I'm not envying but really wishing I could get a pedicure (and a bonus manicure) like my sister and sister-in-law got Saturday.)

Well, it's time to get to little boys to brush their teeth, get into bed, get their stories read, and turn off the lights.

I am thankful for a wonderful husband, two boys that are the light of my life (despite their frustrating moments), and being able to help others that are in need. I am also thankful for full cupboards and the ability to buy more as needed. I am also thankful for the Cub Scout Pack 54, as the boys truly made the residents of our nursing home very happy tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day! Giggles are the best. Love you!

    Traci

    ReplyDelete