Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cookies & treats for teachers

Well, I volunteered through our PTO to bring in 6-7 dozen cookies and/or treats for the teachers this Thursday. I made 16 ivory bark dipped sandwich cookies, 38 hint of mint chocolate chip bars, and 30+ snowball treats (peanut butter, powdered sugar, and this year's have corn flakes, dipped in powdered sugar glaze then rolled in coconut). I have a total of 4 containers to take to school on Thursday.  Now onto baking 4 dozen white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and making another batch of snowballs. The first are a Christmas gift; the second are for the boys.

The Tiger Cub meeting last night went well. We made a Food Pyramid and discussed the MyPlate idea of eating. We also made Reindeer puppets (Thank you, Traci!). All the boys got to decide how they wanted their puppets to look. Monster made his look a bit in need of a hunter: one antler is under the ear while the other is on top of the head. I think we need to call in Daddy or Grandpa to put it out of its misery...


My MIL gave me a good idea for the adults in Luke's family for Christmas gifts: supply some non-perishable groceries in a basket or bucket. I can handle that, I just need to talk with Luke about the idea.

I have come to the conclusion that I really dispise the word "No", especially when kids learn to spell it and then spell it for their answers... Peanut is now doing that.

Monster needs to find out the spelling of his CCD teachers' names for me. That way I can make sure I spell them correctly on the gifts Monster is giving them for Christmas.

The boys got to decorate the Christmas tree on Sunday night. I put together the tree, put on the lights and garland, and then let the boys put on the ornaments. I also put on the star. Next year, hopefully, we'll get a better looking artificial tree or (if I am unlucky) a real tree (Luke wants it). Only 10 more days (everything permitting) that we go across state for Christmas with my family. We've had a late or even non-existant Christmas with my family the entire time we've been married. This year I said we were spending Christmas with my family. Sorry, Lord, but I got tired of making my family always second fiddle. Please forgive me. Amen

Dear God, help each person in our family understand the true meaning of Christmas. Fill us with joy. Make us more loving. Amen.

Dear Lord, one more request: please fill Luke's heart with love and understanding. Help him find the truth not his biased view of Catholicism. Help him to fulfill his duty as not only a Christian but hopefully a Catholic father and husband. I ask for your help in this, in Jesus's name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment