Saturday, December 31, 2011

As Donkey puts it, "Really?" and Shrek answers, "Really, really."

I'm only hours away from 2012! Where did 2011 go?!?

Let's recap...

My year literally started with my going to work, getting pulled around in slush, spinning my car around to face the DIRECTION I came from, totalling a power pole and my car, and getting a ride in the ambulance. Finally found out I had an incomplete fracture on the right side of the head of my right tibia, did soft tissue damage to my left ankle, and have essentially been off work since then. All we can figure is my right knee hit the steering column and my left ankle hit the emergency brake. I miss my Impala... Driving a Suburban is NOT the same!

I'm not remembering anything that happened in February, other than I got to be on crutches for what seemed forever. I also got to drive myself to physical therapy.

I tried working for a 4 hour shift in March. Ended up having my knee swell to the size of a basketball and stay that way for 3 days after... That was the end of working this year for me.

March also saw Traci and the girls come for a visit (and FINALLY get to celebrate Christmas with them--I fully blame my accident since we were going to head to the East side of WI the weekend following my accident.) We had a lot of fun. Hopefully, they can come again.

I don't remember anything for April and May saw Monster finish Kindergarten. I remember him being little!!! Now he's 7 and following in my footsteps a bit too much... (I need to pray more often then speak.)

The garden got planted with 17 tomato plants, a couple pepper plants that didn't want to do anything, some celery I let go too far, 2.5 rows of strawberries that will be bountiful in 2012, and way too many squash/pumpkins...

June, July, and August saw me working in the flower garden and garden. We also got to spend quite a bit of time at Traci's while Luke worked on her downstairs bathroom and guest room. We're glad she likes how they have turned out, even though they aren't fully finished.

September saw Monster start 1st grade... When the days were decent, we walked up to school. Then I'd take Peanut and we'd go get Monster after school. I got 3 miles of walking in those days at least...

September also saw Luke and I celebrate our 7th anniversary. It seems so short, but then again, it seems like forever. I love you, Luke!

September also saw us getting involved in Cub Scouts. Monster joined and has earned his Bobcat Badge. He is working on his Tiger Cub Badge (only 2 more requirements! YEAH!)

October saw the Tiger Cubs without a leader. Monster asked if I would, and since I have time while Peanut and I are home, I became the Tiger Cub Den Leader. I am the leader for 8 1st graders. Luckily, I have 2 people I can turn to if I have questions or need help. Thank you, Jenny and Staci!  Also, I luck out that the Tiger Cubs have to have an adult partner at all their meetings.

I also got to take the boys to Cub World (a 6 hour day camp for Cub Scouts) North of Rice Lake, WI, in October. Monster got to do wall climbing, shoot a junior compound bow (where he shot the target with 3 of 5 arrows), make a paper boat, make a pinecone birdfeeder, do an obstacle course, and several other activities. It was a long day since I didn't know exactly where I was going, so we got up and left really early. (I think we left the house by 6 AM, and luckily, because we left so early when I got lost we still made it to Cub World in time.)

November saw the boys celebrate their birthdays. Monster turned 7 and Peanut 4. Where DID the time go?!?

December saw Peanut try to eat a Christmas tree light bulb and therefore a trip to the Urgent Care. Luckily, he's fine. We got hit with the stomach flu. Monster was sick for 1.5 days, Peanut 1 day, and me 1.5 days. Luke only felt icky; he didn't vomit.

We did Christmas morning/day just us four. The boys made out like farming bandits.
Then we did Christmas with Luke's family on the 26th, and we all got very nice gifts.

Hopefully, we'll get to do the Seefeldt family Christmas January 6-8th. *fingers crossed and lots of prayers being said*

Alright. Here goes... I'm 2 hours 4 minutes away. I don't think I'll make it awake, so I'll say it now:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!

    We've still got the stomach bug. Ugh. Now it's Kaelyn and it's hitting her full force.

    ReplyDelete