Monday, January 2, 2012

Cold weather, fly-away sleds, lots of hair, and it's only Monday...

Ok, we may not have the snow to match the temperature, but good grief it is COLD! I think it was about maybe 7F this morning when Monster finally got out the door to take care of our dog and get on the bus. This wasn't counting the wind chill.... That had to be well under 0F... BRRRRRRRRRR  (The cold and wind did NOT help my soft tissue issues in my left knee and right ankle... The hot shower I took after coming in helped reverse that though.)

While Monster was getting ready to go this morning, I noticed that one of our sleds was MIA. Luke found it after he went to start his car. It had flown well over 100 feet and was almost in the creek. Luckily, Luke doesn't mow the grass right up to the creek. The long grass was all that saved our sled. So after my shower, with hair still wet..., I totally bundled up: full hat, warmest gloves I own, winter coat, and winter boots. I went and saved all of our sleds (4 total) with a few extra toys and put them up by the house again... Next time the boys leave things out and they end up MIA, I'm not retrieving/saving.

Then I decided it was finally time to cut Peanut's hair. I got out the clipper, put on a 5/8 inch guard, and attempted to cut his hair. I had to resort to scissors and then use the clippers (or hair combine, as he calls it). The pile of hair I ended up with was huge!!! I have put on my calendar that every last Sunday of each month is hair cut day for Luke, Monster, and Peanut. I WILL stick to that. It isn't cool when you have to cut hair just to run the clippers through it... Tonight, Monster's hair gets cut.

All of this and it is only 1:35 PM on Monday. I have to go change sheets on 4 beds and wash the dirty ones... I wish beds were easier to make... Oh, well. Off I go. These are my Monday Musings. We'll see how many other events occur this week...

Happy New Year, everyone!

Prayer Intentions:  That the weather is good and we're healthy, so we can travel across state to visit my family. That my oldest sister's ankle responds to being casted and heals. That my other sister's family all feel better (and that we don't end up with the nasty colds...).

Things that Make Me Smile:  Peanut singing Old MacDonald has a Farm when on that "farm there's a Kid---end of song". Actually SEEING Peanut after his haircut (I should have taken before, after, and the hair pile pictures. Oh well.). Knowing that we have plenty of food and have the money to get more as needed.  My screwed up attempt to fix Luke's quilt (so it's inside out... I don't see a problem with that. Really....*rolling eyes*).

God bless, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love the "hair combine." That could only come from your kids. And who cares if the quilt is inside out - the outside stays clean, then.

    ReplyDelete