Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sledding fun!

This morning started with Peanut joining me shortly after 6 AM. He decided he wanted his leftover Mac & Cheese and some leftover hamburger helper for breakfast. He was in a very good mood. Then Monster decided he'd get up. He was grumpy... After 30 minutes of his tantrums, I gave him 2 choices: 1) go back to bed and come back out when he's in a better mood or 2) eat breakfast and improve his mood. Luke came down shortly after Monster decided to go back to bed... The boys are grounded from video games, computer games, and the TV for the morning. After Monster ate, I made them both get dressed to go out and play.

I decided I'd go sledding too. While sledding and pushing the boys down our driveway hill, I decided snowpants, gloves, hat, winter coat, and winter boots was too much clothes. Next time I go out I'll just do mittens, hat, boots, and coat.  NO snowpants. Well, first Luke got to push the boys down the hill because I was getting more snowmelt salt. Each boy ended up almost to our chicken coop (at the end of our driveway...).  Luke was cold so he decided to go back inside while his car warmed up. I pushed the boys for another 30 minutes until Luke came out to leave. We learned if Peanut is lying down in the sled he goes the farthest, but he has to have his feet at the front of the sled. Plus, pushing his sled when he's lying down is very difficult, even for me. Take almost 41" and cut it in half. Then try to push it down a hill. Or worse yet have the almost 41" be shrunk down to about 6" and then push it down a hill. We all had fun. 

Then, just before Luke left for the morning, I had him push me and my sled. I go my momentum up, and then Peanut saw he could reach out for a HUGGIE! Well, I grabbed him with one arm and proceeded to make my sled spin a 180. He looked at me laughing and said, "Huggie?!?" I guess the one arm hug did't work as well. (I pushed the boys for another 15 minutes after that, then went in to fold clean clothes and do some house cleaning.)

While cleaning, I discovered that I don't stick with cleaning one thing until it is done. I am totally hit or miss with my cleaning because I do a little of this, then have to throw something away and something else catches my eye, so I clean that for a little while, then head back to cleaning number 1, get distracted, and start in on number 3... I work at all the different things until I end up getting them all done one right after another... (Final steps to clean for all the different things all done successively.)  My mom said I shouldn't clean like she does... Aaah, the truth comes out from where I got it from!

1 comment: