Saturday, January 7, 2012

Last week I hung pictures

I received a very nice Birthday/Christmas gift in 2011. It is a picture frame that has our last name, the established year, Luke's name and my name, and the boys' names and birthdates. My sister-in-law put a photo collage of 3 pictures we've had taken or took our selves. It came in a very large though thin box. It was taking up a LOT of counter space, which is a huge commodity in my kitchen. I got frustrated my husband wasn't hanging pictures like I've asked him to since we moved into our house, so I got out the little box of nails I have, a hammer, and lugged a chair into the living room. I hung that picture frame and 11 others one morning last week, while Luke was gone and the boys were with him and Grandpa A. (I also hung a glued puzzle and the boys' clock in their room.) Luke comes home and asks why I stopped. I told him I wasn't going to hang the big nature prints we own and didn't want to put family pictures in those spaces. (He didn't take the hint; the nature prints are still behind my couch...)

This morning while everyone was still sleeping (at 7 AM--a miracle in my house!) I was looking at the pictures and realized I'm missing one of our family when Monster was one. I know I have it, I just need to find it. Otherwise every year from our marriage to present is accounted for on the wall. We even have pictures of my sister-in-law's wedding (which Luke was an usher and I was a bride's maid).

On another note, Peanut has been asking me for clothes for his stuffed Sheepy for the last several months. (He wants her to have a snowsuit to be able to take her outside to play, but I won't go that far...) I asked Grandma A if she could help me. She borrowed New Sheepy, because Peanut cannot go without his Sheepy (same sheep, just one is very well loved and the other is a newer version!). She came over yesterday and showed Peanut Sheepy's jacket, pants, and sweat suit. She said she's working on a nightgown for her too. Peanut was woken up from his nap and was cranky while Grandma was here. After he woke up more, we called her, and Peanut apologized, said "Thank You", and told her the clothes fit Sheepy very well.  Peanut really likes that Sheepy now has clothes.

So now we have pictures up, not all, but most. And Sheepy has clothes. And now at 9:09 AM everyone is awake. I need to get dressed, but I try to be nice when I get up before Luke and not turn on lights to get clothes. So I'm off to officially start my day, and we'll see how the day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment