Thursday, January 12, 2012

I received bad news today...

I am the Tiger Den Leader for our local Cub Scout Pack. I have 8 boys in the Den, one of which is Monster. The other 7 are wonderful boys, and I enjoy the time I get to spend with them and their parent helper. This afternoon, though, I received bad news about one parent helper: he was killed in a car accident yesterday afternoon.

I sent an e-mail to my Tiger Cub's mom and included him and his sister on it too. I want to let them know Monster and I and the rest of the Tiger Cubs and their parents feel this tragedy, too. Our Den is a small portion of each Tiger Cub's family. I wanted to let the family know we were here for them and would do anything to help. I can be at the house in minutes as they live only a few miles away.

As a Pack, we'll be sending flowers. All Pack members and families are being asked to attend the Wake if they can and/or are comfortable doing so. If the Pack members do attend, they are being asked to wear their uniforms in show of support--showing that my Tiger Cub is part of our Den AND part of our Pack. Monster and I will be attending the Wake. I may go to the funeral if I can have someone watch Peanut. I want to show my complete support for my Cub's family.

His dad will be deeply missed. From only being with him a few times for meetings, I learned he had a heart of gold, was able to smile often, joked easily with others, and doted on his family.

Lord Jesus, our Redeemer, You willingly gave Yourself up to death so that all people might be saved and pass from death into a new life. Listen to our prayers; look with love on Your people who mourn and pray for their dead brother. Lord Jesus, You alone are holy and compassionate; iforgive our brother his sins.
By dying You opened the gates of life for those who believe in You; do not let Your brother be parted from You, but by Your glorious power give him light, joy, and peace in Heaven where You live for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment