Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday's Wonderings

This week has been interesting so far. Besides what I wrote on Monday, I got to give Monster a haircut besides Peanut. I had to use the scissors on him too, just to use the clippers (or "hair combine" as Peanut renamed it). Then while Monster is taking his shower which turned into a play bath that he wanted to make a relax bath after 30 minutes of playing, Peanut decided a new Mega Roll of Charmin Ultra Strong needed to go in the bathtub. It ended up in the garbage can. THEN Peanut put in his "sack of toys" (a blaze orange hat with Johnnie Tractor characters) as a gift for Monster. Needless to say that was the end of the entire bathroom usage for the night. I was told by Luke that he knows I didn't like the constant yelling as I was growing up, so don't do it to our children... At this point, I said 3 Our Fathers, and decided slow breathing was in order...

Then today, it wasn't even 6 AM and Monster was having a fit about getting dressed for school--"I don't like school..." Peanut was being cranky. I told him I was going to cancel his nap. He grouchily said, "No cancelling my nap!" All this despite his constant telling me he is never tired come nap time. As Luke was walking out the door, laughing at me, I told him, "Have a good day, dear. It has to be better than mine is going so far..."

I am currently baking the Wednesday night pizzas and dealing with two boys that can't seem to make anything they do together work. I think tonight is going to be MY relaxing bath night.

One disadvantage to having a wood furnace. No one restocks the wood used except the people using it. This said, I know Luke and I at least will be splitting wood this weekend. We only have maybe six racks of wood left from what we started this fall with. That amount won't last long, and this weekend's temps aren't supposed to be too bad. So, I guess we go to Traci's some other weekend. *sigh*

Now I need to find boxes to put Christmas presents in, so I can mail them to the appropriate families... Darn flu, colds, weather, etc.!!! At least (all things going well) we'll get to see my brother, his wife, and their son later this month when they come for a visit. Yeah! Someone for me to talk with, and someone for Peanut to play with!

Well, pizzas are almost done. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment