Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Love the little helpers...

Monster has the pre-school and after breakfast on weekends chore to take care of our dog, Toby. He's been grumbling about it for the past 2 months, but he has been doing a good job. The first couple of times the dog got out of his kennel. Lately, Monster has been sure to keep the door latched. For some reason unknown to me, yesterday he just pushed the door shut without latching it. Toby was excited and jumped on the door. It bounced open, and out he ran. I almost caught him, but he had more power and speed than I could handle one-handed. He ended up hyper-extending my left thumb. Then after I caught him at the neighbors and put him on his leash, Toby wanted to join Monster on the school bus. Retro-spectively, I SHOULD have let him... *sigh*

Oh, well. My thumb is feeling better, and Toby stayed in his kennel today. After school, I made Monster help me throw down wood for our furnace. I think we really need to split more wood and stack it. We are starting to run low.

Tomorrow I am working on my husband's quilt that I have been trying to remake for the past few years. I WILL have it done by Valentine's Day. Then onto Monster's.

Peanut keeps asking me why I have to say things to him over and over and over and over again. I told him it's because he doesn't listen the first time. If he'd listen and do what he's told, I wouldn't have to repeat everything.

I want to visit my family, but it is not working out to get over there. So, I get to mail all the Christmas presents. I have a box for my parents' presents. My younger brother and his family are coming to visit, so that's one less box to find. Now, I have to find a box big enough for my 3 nieces' gifts (and some stuff for my sister). Hmmm. That will be the tricky one.

Well, I guess I best make supper. Peanut is complaining he's HUNGRY (like that isn't something new... he's ALWAYS hungry!).

No comments:

Post a Comment