Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yup, it IS 4:27 AM and I'm blogging...

I blame my sister. I think she gave me her cold via the phone... My head feels like it's going to explode, my ears are blocked and hurt so I can hardly put in my hearing aids, my throat is nice and sore from nasal drip (though I don't think it is just dripping...), and my nose is getting sore from blowing it. I HATE headcolds... I'd make some tea right now, but I don't want to wake anyone up. Elderberry juice and Dayquil here I come...

I think some frustration at my husband is going to worked off on laundry today... And working on fixing his quilt. Along with sporadic doses of prayer.

Lord, please help me to be more patient with my family and myself. Help me to step back from situations where Satan is prodding me into hasty reactions. Be with me as I evaluate and re-evaluate what I'm doing as a person, a mom, and a wife. Also, please be with my husband so he understands that things Monster does now will help him become a better person as he grows. Monster's activities now ARE worthwhile, especially for a 7-year-old boy! Please help Luke see that his parents made him grow up way too soon. Help Luke understand he only gets to be in the boys' lives as their DADDY for a short while; he'll always be their father, but being a DADDY is SO important! Help Luke and I re-evaluate how we deal with each other and with each of the boys. I am trying very hard to give my children the best advantage of Catholic faith, a loving home, and activities that will enrich their lives, but I need your help and guidance. This I pray, in Jesus' name. Amen

I want a day where I don't get frustrated with Luke. I want a day where I don't get frustrated with the boys. I want a day where I don't get frustrated with myself.

1 comment:

  1. I DID NOT give you the cold over the phone, you are just highly susceptible to suggestion.

    Keep praying to Mary for yourself and St. Joseph for Luke.

    ReplyDelete