Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lots of company! Good times.

This week started with a phone call from our school district's administrator: school's delayed 2 hours due to 1/4" of ice covered by wet snow. So I let the boys sleep. Then we get another phone call: "Due to weather conditions, school has been cancelled." So I got both boys at home on Monday. I kicked them outside to play. While Peanut was taking a nap, Monster decided to wait outside for my brother and his family to arrive. The trip for them from Des Moines, IA to our house was slow but ok otherwise. They were at our house until Wednesday morning. The boys had fun playing with their cousin, playing with their Birthday and Christmas gifts, and having fun with their Aunt and Uncle! Luke and I enjoyed their visit too. (Luke was nice enough to allow them to sleep in our bed, despite his having to work.)  My Mom was wonderful and let them borrow her vehicle (bigger), so I got to send a whole bunch of stuff  across state with them. *happy dance, happy dance*

So today, I'm working on getting the house back to its normal state. The big thing was getting dishes done. I'm not used to having to do dishes for 7 people for supper, 6 for breakfast, and 5 for lunch. We kept running out of forks and spoons! :-)

Monster had a sledding party today for being part of one of the two classes that brought in the most money during the school's Penny War during American Education Week. (First and Second grades each had 2 ice cream buckets of money!) The Penny War proceeds went to help the Pepin County Food Pantry. I took all 4 of our sleds into town for the sledding party. From what I could tell all the first graders had a lot of fun. Peanut was upset because we couldn't stay for sledding because I had errands to run. Then Monster got mad because Peanut and I had to get home and couldn't have lunch with him.

Monday 1/30 is a Tiger Den meeting and a doctor's appointment for me. After that, it's back to the normal daily routine.

1 comment:

  1. Busy but fun! I'm glad to be able to help and really - I'm already about 6 rows into it and already through the first skein of yarn.

    ReplyDelete