Monday, November 14, 2011

Sadness cured...Frustration high!

Yesterday, I was happy my children got to celebrate another birthday each, but I was sad they aren't little anymore. Peanut solved that dilemma. He told me this morning (while he was having a melt-down after I told him he had to have breakfast before birthday cake--what in the world was I thinking?!?) that he was staying little forever. I told him I needed a "Little Peanut" hug. He ran over and gave me a "little" hug; ok, so it was a big one, but I am not complaining. It made me really smile!

Cub Scout popcorn and wreaths picked up---CHECK!

Cub Scout popcorn and wreaths delivered---all but 3 orders! CHECK!

My kitchen getting counterspace back--CHECK!

A new wave of toys entering the house--CHECK

Some of the new toys already put up for a while--CHECK

Both children having meltdowns this morning--CHECK

Peanut's meltdown ended talking with Aunt Traci and waiting the 4 minutes for his birthday cake--CHECK!!

Monster's meltdown ended by diverting topic to the BB gun he can now afford due to his birthday--CHECK

Taking Peanut to lunch with Monster--CHECK

Knowing I have 6 items to deliver for Cub Scouts--*big smile* CHECK

Thank You cards written for birthday gifts, school fundraiser, & Cub Scout fundraiser--CHECK

Having Monster sign above Thank You cards--will have to do tonight, hopefully... (to be continued)

Having above Thank You cards mailed &/or delivered--depends on when Monster signs them all

Has anyone ever had a moment where you KNOW you had a full glass of whatever you wanted to drink simply empty itself? I swear my Kool-Aid cup was full when I started writing just now... I looked over and it is now empty and Peanut is still taking his nap...(Though I got the normal, "Mama, I'm not tired!!!" complaint 2 minutes before he was sound asleep) I keep telling my husband I want NOT ME and I DON'T KNOW kicked out of the house; they are not a part of our family. I don't need them influencing Monster and Peanut. So far though they either know how to hide REALLY well or my husband hasn't had the get-up-and-go to kick them out. Any one know a good bad influence exterminator?

Getting everything done in the past 4 days that I have done has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. Now, I have to make Beadies for Traci and an aunt, make a Bead Banner for Monster's teacher, make family members birthstone angels, and figure out what to make for the adults in Luke's side of the family for Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Traci is happy to help any time during a meltdown. Gee, not like we don't get ANY of those at my house! (Gasp, gasp)

    I'm working on reindeer right now. Hoping Dad will sharpen my scissors tomorrow, so they will cut through the felt smoother. I have a little teeny tiny nick that keeps catching. I think I'm at the sewing stage for the reindeer and will have a box to send to you by the end of the week. Love you.

    p.s. I used Anonymous because Blogger hates my email account, even though I sign into my blog with it.....

    ReplyDelete