Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Youth Blessing

Peanut and I joined the 1st through 6th graders (and quite a group of the community) for a Youth Blessing today after Monster was done with catecism. We all received our Ash Crosses. I'd like to attend the Mass tonight but it starts at 7:30 PM and two little boys have an 8 PM bedtime.

Monster brought home a Lenten Gift box. He put all the money he had in his bank into it. Peanut even put some money in, too. It makes me happy to see that both of the boys enjoy giving to others.

A major head/chest cold has been running rampant in our house. I ended up with a sinus infection, and I'm hoping I am getting over it. Monster and Luke both have the congestion and coughing going. Peanut actully seems to be the only one NOT to get this cold. Hopefully it stays that way.

Our community library does not offer story time on a weekly basis. I wish it did, just for something Peanut could look forward to. Next week starts the spring story time. He'll get to go from 6 PM through 7 PM for 3 weeks on Thursday evenings. Hopefully he'll sit well and listen to the librarian. He hasn't wanted to since turning 3. (Our story time is for 3 to 5 year olds.) I guess I'll find out next week.

Happy Lent everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment